Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, November 23, 2009

As I Fall Asleep Listening to the Rain

Its late, well past midnight and the house is silent. I lay down in my bed and try to sleep, but my eyes
don't close. I listen to the rain drizzle outside as I ponder the countless thoughts running through my mind.
The house is quiet, makes it easier for me to think, and the rain soothes me. So much is happening in my life, and when I finally allow my mind to consider everything, and try to sort everything out, I am overwhelmed. Some happy thoughts, others sad, tedious, exhausting, frightening....how will I ever figure it all out?
Sometimes I feel like my life is going great; things with my friends are going good, my family, my relationship with God, and my future is looking pretty bright. Whereas other times, I feel the complete opposite. I don't know what to do with myself and my life; where I should go, what I should do...I feel so confused, lost and far away from God.
As my eyes slowly start to close, and I begin to drift away in to the relaxing sounds of the rain hitting my window just a foot or so above my head, I am reminded that God will always be there for me, and that no matter what His plan will be worked through it all.
I will forever be blessed by Him, and His omnipotent love for me. No matter where life takes me, He will always be there to hold my hand and guide me through it all. Even when I wander away from Him, his loving arms will forever be there, waiting to embrace me once again.

No comments: