Roots: Growing Deeper

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weekend at the Cabin with Friends


Last weekend six of my close friends, my brother, my mom and I, along with all of our duffle bags, loaded in our Suburban and headed up to my grandparents Cabin in the mountains. (see previous post)
We spent an incredibly fun weekend together up in the snow, riding snowmobiles, sledding and snowboarding, playing games, and watching movies in the warm cozy cabin. It was a great relaxing time for all of us to get away from the stresses of school and our busy lives, to enjoy a calm, peaceful weekend together. During the day it was only about 15 degrees...let's just say that we had several layers, and I mean several, before we stepped outside. Except for one time about one in the morning when I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt... I decided to step outside to watch the snow falling on the deck for a minute...Jarren thought it would be funny to lock me outside. That was fun.

I want to thank my Grandparents for letting eight crazy teenagers stay at their cabin for four days. I LOVE YOU! And Thank you Mom and Grandma for making us all of that delicious food. You guys are the best!
To all my friends that went up there with me, Jarren, Justin, Jack, Brent, Hannah, CoCo, and Melody. I love you guys more than you could ever imagine! Spending time with you guys is always fun. We have created memories that I will cherish forever.

1 comment:

Grandpa Roy said...

Jessica,
God has truely blessed you and you family with lots of great experiences. Remember the birth of Jesus Christ and celebrate his coming.
Grandpa Roy