Roots: Growing Deeper

Thursday, August 19, 2010

4 Days - I Love You, Mom!

Ican't believe that in four days from now I will have said goodbye to all my friends in Autlan, loaded up my suitcases in the car, and be boarding a plane to Portland, Oregon.
As I've been packing and preparing to leave this week everything has really become real to me. I've known this day would be coming before I knew it since the summer began, but the summer really did fly by, and I can't believe that it's now just four days away!
Last night I was in my room packing and my mom came in to tell me something. As I was taking down some posters on my wall she asked me if I was excited, and then began to talk about how different it will be when they come back to Autlan in October and I won't be with them. She wasn't able to word very many of her thoughts before she began to cry. My heart instantly began to hurt as I really understood how hard this all is for her. Even though I know it's impossible for me to take away the motherly feelings and how hard this all is for her, I wanted to so badly! As I walked across the room and hugged her for a very long time, the emotional part of it all finally began to hit me as well. I'm excited to go to college and see what God has in store for me as I begin this new chapter, but it will be extremely hard to be away from my family. I am going to miss them so much!!
I'm so glad that they will be with me in Salem for the first 6 weeks! I think it'll help us all. Then once they come back to Autlan, it will only be 2 months before I have Christmas break and come back to visit them. And in the mean time, thank God for Skype, emails, facebook and phone calls. :)

Mom- I love you beyond words and I am going to miss you so, so so much when I leave. I admire you and look up to you in more ways than you know. You are an amazing mother, and an incredible woman of God. Thank you for teaching me all that you do, and for always being there for me every single time I need you. Thank you for being my friend when I feel lonely or need someone to talk to. Thank you for being a role model for me and how to live my life for Christ. Thank you for teaching me how to change diapers, and cook, for teaching me to read, and to be confident in the person God created me to be. The list goes on and on, and I could never thank you enough for all that you've taught and will continue to teach me, the person you've been and will forever be in my life. I don't tell you enough how much you mean to me, and how much I love you. Thanks for being the best mom I could ever ask for....I love you Mom!!

1 comment:

Grandpa Roy said...

Jessica,
What a wonderful tribute to your mom and to God and his work in your life. I really believe God has wonderful plans and expectations for you. If we can help you in your adventure with God's plans let us know.
With all our love,
Grandpa Roy and Grandma Dixie
(Don't forget "Faithwriters")