Roots: Growing Deeper

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summers at the Fireworks Stand

Hot summer days, rook games, foot long subs from Winco, sleeping in parking lots, yelling with cardboard signs in our hands on the sidewalk, riddles, inside jokes, Jess and CoCo days, creating "art" out of the supplies, throwing wall balls over flags....the list goes on and on of the memories that I have had over the past five summers I have helped out at my youth group's fireworks stand. I have many great memories in my years in Crosswalk, but being at the fireworks stand is definitely one of my favorites. It has been a great way for our youth group to raise money, and the youth always love coming to help out in the tent. This year is the first out of the last five summers that I have not helped out at the tent. Although I miss it a lot, and wish that I could be helping out there again this year, I will always have the memories of the summers I have worked at the fireworks stand.

1 comment:

Hannah K. said...

Jess, I just have to say, the fireworks stand is SOO not the same without you. Wish you were here working the long shifts with me. I thought of you at the girl's night. We watched No Reservations and as I watched it I ate sour patch kids. Those two things reminded me of you, and I was wishing you were sitting next to me! I love you and thinking about you all the time!! i'll create a cool fireworks tower dedicated to you. Which firework should I use to make the tower?