Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, December 8, 2008

Jazz

Shortly after we moved to Autlan in August, my sister Morgan joined a ballet class at a dance studio here. I saw that there was classes offered for my age, so in October I thought I would give one a try and see how I liked it. I went into the class for the first time not really knowing what to expect, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was totally hip-hop, high school musical type dancing. When my mom picked me up and asked me how it was, I told her what it was like, she just laughed. Everyone else I told about it that knows me really well laughed too. It is totally not something I would normally do, but for some reason I still really enjoyed it. I decided I would try it out for a month, and if I didn't like it I would be done after that. Even though I wasn't very good at it, I still enjoyed it for the most part.
I soon heard that we would be having a performance in December, and didn't know what to do. A performance? Are you kidding me? I didn't want to just quit, so I decided to do it even though I was pretty sure I was going to do mess everything up, just by doing the one song I knew.
On December 6th, was the first performance. I decided I was going to have fun even if I did mess up. I did almost all of the songs in the routine, and only messed up one time, well that was really noticeable anyway... :)That night was the funnest night I have had so far in Autlan. Even if I wasn't the best one in our group, it didn't matter. I got to know the girls on my dance team much better that night, and we laughed and had lots of fun together. It wasn't awkward to hang out with them, it all seemed so natural. It reminded me of all the fun times I had with my friends back in Salem.I am excited to develop a better friendship with the girls in my dance class. I hope that I can share the love of Christ with them and make a difference in their lives.
We have another performance on December 18th on the stage downtown, I'm excited. :)
Enjoy the pictures. I will post more after our performance on the 18th.

1 comment:

Hannah K. said...

i am so happy for you! you look gorgeous! love you!