Roots: Growing Deeper

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Autlan- California Style

Today was day three for the group from southern California that is here in Autlan this week. This church, Bethany Church on the Hill, has been sending groups down here each summer for many, many years. This summer, however, was the first time we have met them since we just moved to Autlan this past August. There is twenty-one people in their group, so the center is full of people, full of fun, and full of hearts that want to serve God! It's so awesome! I have only known these people for three short days, but I already love them all, and am friends with each one of them. :) They all have an incredible passion to serve their Savior, great hearts, amazing personalities, and are such a blessing to have here.
This week we are doing a VBS at La Roca in the mornings. Today was our second day, and we had about double the amount of kids than we did yesterday! It is so cute to see all of the little kids do their craft, sing the songs, listen to the Bible story, play games and eat their snack. It's also really cool and inspiring for me to see all of the teens that are helping that don't speak much Spanish, but they are still excited to be there, willing to serve, and having fun with the kids. That right there is making a difference in their lives.
In the afternoons the group has been doing work projects, and every night they are doing a different activity. Last night everyone went down to the park and played volleyball...Mckensey and I had so much fun! Lol, I think everyone else did too...it was awesome! Tonight we went to La Roca and enjoyed hanging out, playing card games, drinkin' some delicious coffee (and smoothies), and making crazy videos. :)
I am very excited to spend the rest of the week with these outstanding people, and getting to know them more.

Mckensey: we're awesome because we laugh about stuff that nobody else finds funny, we notice things nobody else does, and we are awesome at arts and crafts....."Can we pretend I made that for a minute?" You're so much fun! :)

Glenn: You crack me up. It makes me really happy that you and I both get excited about little things that have no actual purpose in our lives. :) We're awesome.

Harrison: Even though we are ga-ga enemies, I still think you're cool.

Kristen: You're the most amazing cook ever, and you make everything fun. You Rock!

To all you ladies who have already planned out college for me: Thanks!!! Lol, I might actually consider it!! We'll see what God has planned...



TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: