Roots: Growing Deeper

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Furlough Time

In just 11 short days my family will be gettin' into the car, heading for Oregon for our first furlough since we moved to Mexico. It's been two years!! I can hardly believe it. I have gone through and experienced sooo much since I left Salem two years ago, and God has taught me A LOT. I am so grateful for everything that He has given me in life and showed me by becoming a missionary.
We are going to leave Autlan on September 30th and plan to arrive in Salem, Oregon around the third of October. We are driving, and it should be quite the journey up there. Seven people in one Suburban, four days straight. All night, All day.
We are going to be in the United States for three months. It will be nice to see and spend time with friends and family that we haven't got to see much if at all, in the past two years. I have been back for a few visits, and my mom and two of my brothers visited once, but my dad and two littlest siblings haven't been back at all since we moved! We have lots planned, and I know it will be a fun, event-filled three months. Spending time with family up in Washington, going to youth group, visiting churches, hanging out with friends, christian concerts, Christmas, New Moon premiere, riding snowmobills, TLC, Thanksgiving, visiting friends in California.....we're gonna have fun. :)
We are going to be staying in our house out in Jefferson while we are in Oregon...it's going to be so weird going back and LIVING there again! My dad is going to love being able to tinker around with all of his stuff out in the shop...lol.
I must admit though, I have mixed feelings about leaving Autlan. I have made some really good friends here over the summer, and three months is a LONG time to be away from them. I am going to miss them a lot....but I am doing my best to trust in God.
I can't believe it's only a week away. And we're going to be there for three months.
See you soon, Jessica

1 comment:

Maria said...

I'm excited to see you! I know God has big plans for you there in Autlan or here in Salem!