Roots: Growing Deeper

Saturday, October 10, 2009

First Week Back

It has already been eleven days since we left Autlan, I can't believe it! We spent four LONG days in the car and finally arrived to our house in Jefferson, Oregon on Sat. October 2nd. It was SO weird walking into the house that I grew up in and knowing that it was going to be my home again for the next three months. I had forgot how small it was!! I am still trying to get used to it. Sharing a room again, not having to walk outside to use the bathroom in the night, drinking tap water, having a dishwasher....so many little things. :)
The day after we arrived in Oregon our home Church, Bethany Baptist celebrated their 40 year anniversary. It was great being there to celebrate that and go back and remember all of the memories we've had as a Church. I also got to attend youth group on Tuesday night, which was AMAZING. Oh man, I love Crosswalk soooo much. My youth Pastor is amazing and so are all of the youth that attend. It feels good to be home.
We had a fun first week hanging out with friends that we haven't seen in a few years, eating at restaurants that we missed and walking in to familiar stores that carried silly things like Twizzlers and Cheez-its that we've missed.
Just today we drove up to Tri-Cities, Washington and we are going to spend a week or two here with my grandparents and visiting some supporting Churches.
Oh how I love seeing and spending time with all of my family and friends!!
Even though I miss my friends and some things in Mexico already, it feels good to be home. Even if I am always wearing a sweatshirt and shivering. :P

No comments: