Roots: Growing Deeper

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just Around the Corner

I can hardly believe that in just three short months I will be leaving Mexico! I have to be in Salem by August 25th for orientation and to sign up for the college classes I'm going to take. I'm going to be both a part time high school and college student this year. I'm going to be living with my uncle Tim and aunt Marcy in Salem, along with all my crazy cousins. It's gonna be so fun!
I can't lie though, I'm going to be VERY sad to leave Autlan. Over the past 2 1/2 years this has become my home. It has taken me a long time, but I finally feel like I'm starting to fit in. I love my friends, working at La Roca, hanging out with groups that come, my family...it's going to be really difficult to leave. I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I prepare for this change that's coming before I know it.
I'm also hoping to get a part time job tutoring Hispanic elementary students while I'm in Salem. I don't want to lose my Spanish, and I want to put it to good use. I don't want to just sit at a desk and speak Spanish to people over the phone. I want to interact with them. Connect with them. I would also appreciate your prayers in that area as well.
This next year is going to be an eye opening experience as I begin a new stage of life. I'm both extremely excited, and super nervous. Thank you for your prayers. I know God is going to do and teach me some awesome things in my life.

No comments: