Roots: Growing Deeper

Sunday, June 20, 2010

JJ and Courtney Visit


On June 4th, two of my lovely, dear friends from my home church came to visit my family and I for ten days. I hadn't seen anyone from Oregon in about six months. It was nice to see some familiar, American faces again.
JJ (Melody Jones) and I have been friends since fifth grade, and she hadn't come down to visit me since I had moved to Mexico. She's going to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, and when I move back to Salem in August, she'll already be gone. This was our last chance to see each other, and I was very content that she was able to come down to visit. That we could spend one last week of fun together before we set off to the crazy life of college this fall.
Courtney has been a youth leader at Bethany for a long time, and we became close and got to know each other when I moved into highschool youth group. She's an AMAZING woman of God, and inspires me in many ways.
Both Melody and Courtney wanted to come down and simply experience what every day life is like for the Bruggeman clan down in Mexico. So that's what we did while they were here! They saw and experienced what a normal ministry week is like for us.
They were also here for my birthday, which was really cool. It made it special to get to celebrate with them.
I really enjoyed their visit. We had lots of late night laughs, typical Mexico experiences, tacos and Manzana lift. =)
Love you Courtney and JJ! Thanks for visiting us, I loved spending time with you guys!

No comments: