Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall

Right now, I'm sitting in the library at Corban, studying for a test. I have my coffee next to me, along with my iPod, and my notes. I sit by the window and thre trees just outside have that crisp, fall look to them. Their leaves turning colors, and beginning to fall down to the sidewalk below.
The chatter of students going to their classes fills the air, and you know that fall is now in full
swing.
Sitting, peacefully studying, I hear the giggles of some girls studying together down the
hall. I love that amidst all the stress of homework, as well as all everything else that the crazy, but amazing college experience holds, everyone still finds happiness. With our North Face jackets, and backpacks on, everyone heads to class to try to stretch their brains a little bit more and learn how to apply it to their daily lives. As we experience college, we find that it's not just about passing the the class with an average grade, or not falling asleep in class. It's not about impressing our teachers, doing well in sports, or seeing who can find their soon-to-be husband or wife first. No, its about finding out who we are and what God has planned for our live
s. Who He wants us to be, and how we can use everything we are learning, and experiencing in our lives now, for the rest of our lives. Because soon, we will look back at this tim
e and see that this is where we became the people that we will be for the rest of our lives, the people we are then.
Yeah, the homework sucks, and sometimes you can swear that what you're learning in class doesn't make any sense to anyone but the person teaching it, and you will never be able to apply it to your life. That may be true, but it doesn't mean you won't carry it on, even if it'
s in just a small way, for the rest of your life.
So I sit here with my warm winter boots on, sipping my coffee and enjoying the beauty of fall that surrounds me, as day by day I find out more of who I am and how God is going to use me in this world.

No comments: