Roots: Growing Deeper

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Visiting Koryn at WOU

Yesterday afternoon, my friend Kelsea and I decided to take the 30 minute little drive up the road to the town of Monmouth, home of Western Oregon University. Koryn, Kelsea and I have all been close friends since 7th grade. We all have attended Bethany since then, Koryn being the most recent one to come to Bethany.
Since I had arrived to Salem in mid-August, I had only seen Koryn once or twice, before she began her college experience up at WOU. If you are in college, you can relate to the understatement of the phrase "life has been crazy since college began." This was, of course, true for the three of us "amigas" as well.
We decided that we had been apart for long enough though, and it was time we reuinited and spent the afternoon with Koryn.
We arrived at WOU around 6pm and stayed all evening. We took a walk around campus. They have a gorgeous campus by the way! Kelsea and I couldn't get over the fact of how flat it was though! haha. Corban is on a hill, so going from class to class, you always arrive tired and out of breath. haha, not at WOU! You could run to class and be fine.
It was nice to see Koryn's room, and where she takes classes etc. To get more of a "feel" for her life there.
It was SO much fun to be able to hang out again, and when it started to get late, Kels and I didn't want to leave! Needless to say, Kelsea is on her way back up to WOU as I write this, to bring Koryn back for the night. We're having a sleepover. =)
Besides being able to hang out with my friends, laugh, joke around and just be girls with them and catch up on life, the biggest thing I got from my visit at WOU was how thankful I am to be going to Corban University. Corban is a godly, small, but absolutely amazing school. I am so thankful God has placed me here!
I admire Koryn so much for her boldness as she steps out in faith, and choosing not to "live in the bubble" that many of her lost classmates live in. God has placed her in a mission field, even just in her hall. I know He has great plans for her there, and that she will make a difference for HIM as she sets an example and shares the love of Christ with those around her.

No comments: