Roots: Growing Deeper

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The King's Speech

 I just got home from seeing the movie "The King's Speech". What an inspiring film! I went thinking I wouldn't enjoy the movie at all; believing it was some sort of historical documentary about a King of England who I know nothing about. I was proved quite wrong.
The film is rated R for language, but it all happens in one scene, not spread out throughout the whole movie. When you watch it, you will understand what I mean when I say that the language wasn't inserted in the movie just for the heck of it, but it had purpose. That does not make be think it is acceptable in any way, but That was the only complaint I have with the film.
 The movie was very inspiring, and told such an amazing true story. It is quite sad, but it tells the life of King George IV honestly. It brings you to an understanding of what extreme challenges and hurt he had in his life, and brings you to respect him very much.
 The Royal family has always intrigued me, but I have never taken the initiative to really research and learn about them and their lives.
 This movie has been in the theaters for a while now; if you cannot make it to the theater before it is no longer showing, you must rent it when it comes out!
Highly recommended, and incredibly inspirational.

No comments: