Roots: Growing Deeper

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

I love taking this time away from school to spend with family, rest, and reflect on how thankful I am for so many things in my life.
 I wanted to share with you a few things I'm thankful for:

  • snow, the beauty of God's creation that constantly surrounds me.
  • family and the joy they bring in to my life
  • hot cocoa, warm blankets, relaxing movies
  • The Bible, the beauty in this precious book and each word written in it special for me. 
  • Mexico, the specialness the country and the people there have in my heart
  • naps
  • children; how cute they are, and the constant joy they bring to my life as I see the happiness that constantly shines through them
  • sunsets
  • Corban and the opportunity God has given me to study there as it helps me become the person God wants me to be
  • laughter
  • dreams, God giving us them, and the ability and desire to strive towards them
  • my amazing friends...
  • the passion to write
  • the God-given strength to persevere and find joy when life seems most difficult.
  • my little red car
  • intramural sports teams
  • God providing for my every need, especially since coming back to the US to start college...I am so blessed!
  • music and it's inspiration
  • photographs
  • Bethany Baptist Church
  • the ability to play the piano
  • the oh-so-many forms of communication...to talk with my family whom live far away. =) 
  • the moments that hold you speechless in wonder of the incredible works of my Savior.
......I could go on and on with the thousands of things I have to be thankful for every day. What are you thankful for? Think about that as you go about your daily life tomorrow.
Simplicity....One of God's favorite ways to work in our lives and help us see and admire who He is!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! 

No comments: