Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

After my stressful week of finals, I boarded a plane in Portland and headed down to Thousand Oaks, California for four amazing days with my friends from Bethany Church. I enjoyed four amazing days hanging out with my wonderful friends there. Of course, it would be raining the entire time I go to visit, but that didn't stop us having fun! It was fun to hang out with the youth group, and get to know people that I didn't know very well; that hadn't been to Mexico before. We had fun watching movies, going to Christmas parties, puddle splashing, going to basketball games, eating delicious bread sticks, music videos, Crossfire, getting soaking wet, Church, watching Modern Family, going to Sky High, and much much more. It was so great to spend time creating more unforgettable memories with my dear friends in California.
 After my time in California, I began my journey down to Autlan, Mexico. The emotion and anticipation as I spent the day on the plane and in the airport, was almost unbearable! I hadn't seen my family since October. I received six of the best hugs as I finally arrived in Guadalajara. Christian said to my mom before I got there that it was "the best day of his whole life". So cute!
 I was able to spend three absolutely incredible weeks with my family in Autlan. It was great to be able to spend quality time with my family again. I had missed them so much! We got to spend lots of time just joking around, watching movies, etc. It was great! I don't know what I would do without them!
The night after I arrived to Autlan, Morgan had a gymnastics performance in the center of town. It was so fun to watch her do her routine!
We had lots of Christmas parties the first week I was there, where I got to eat lots of authentic Mexican food. I had missed that a lot as well!
The first week in January, we took a family vacation to the beach, which was a blast! We hung out at the pool all weekend, went and saw Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, played games, and enjoyed soaking up the warm, Mexico sun.
 I was also blessed with being able to be reunited with my friends down in Autlan, and get to spend some time catching up with them as well. I spent a lot of time with the Silva family, who has become a special family to my family's hearts in Autlan. Rosa, Chavo, and Vicente Silva are three of my best friends in Autlan. Seeing how Chavo and Rosa have been growing closer in their walk with Christ since I left in August, was so encouraging!
I got to spend an afternoon at the Migrant Worker camp, playing with the kids, whom I had missed immensely! I got to see Justiano, a little boy who lives at the camp, and stole my heart this summer. He is so adorable, and I had missed him so much! I got the best hug and smile ever from him! If I could, I would adopt that him in a heartbeat. But for now, praying for him each day and enjoy the times I do get to go and visit him will do. :)
Also seeing Barbara, Josselyn, the Clark family, Isai, and so many more, was just amazing. I am so thankful and so blessed that God provided the way for me to spend my Christmas break in a country that is so special to me, with people that are very special to me as well.
I'm so thankful for all my family did for me to be there as well. I love you guys!!!
 College Christmas break number one- SUCCESS!!
But now second semester has begun. Which means homework loads, professors in bow ties, pop quizzes, and the crazy life of a college student is in full swing!!

No comments: