Roots: Growing Deeper

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Update

Hello again, blog friends!
 This past month or so has sure been a crazy one! Since my mom and sister came, I was very consumed with spending every waking moment I possibly could. After I had some intense catching up to do on homework, and cleaning my room! HA! I had such an amazing time with Morgan and my mom. I am thankful beyond words that they got to come. All the catching up to do afterwards was totally worth it. They were such an encouragement to my spirits, and it was a blast just giggling, talking, and hugging them!
Now that I had to say goodbye to them until July, I'm just counting down the days until school is out, it stops raining, and I can go running outside.
 When the year began I had absolutely no idea what I would do with my life this summer. I knew I wanted to spend as much time in Mexico as possible, but realistically it probably wouldn't be much time, because there's this thing called tuition that needs to be paid for this fall.
After much prayer and patience, God has laid out the perfect plan for me, and I stand in awe of how incredible he has laid this out for me in the perfect time in the perfect way of every detail.
After God laying some incredible opportunities in front of me, I will be spending my summer up in the tiny town of Trout Lake, Washington.
 My friend and her husband are living up there, where their relatives run a Christian Bible camp that I went to when I was younger. In the town there is just one coffee shop and one Cafe. I have been given a full time summer-long commitment job at the cafe/coffee shop. I have also been given a room to stay in, which is connected to my friend Sherri and Tomas' apartment. I will be working at the cafe full time, but I will also be helping out at camp whenever I can.
I'm very excited for this summer and all that it has in store. I am so thankful God has blessed me with a great job, place to stay, and opportunity to serve Him all at the same time!
 I am sad that I don't get to spend my whole summer in the country that pulls so hard at my heart; Mexico, but I trust in the Lord's plan. My boss has also given me two weeks off so I can go to Mexico to visit my family. I will go down in July with a missions team from my home church, Bethany, and then stay a few extra days to be with my family.
I know that was kind of a scattered update, but hopefully it gives you all a little insight to some of the crazy stuff God has been doing in my life!

No comments: