Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, May 9, 2011

SUMMER- Phase 1

 To kick off my summer, in two days, Wed. May 11, my cousin Jarren and I will wake up very early and begin our 14 hour road trip down to Thousand Oaks, California. We're planning on spending an extended weekend with my friends down there, hanging out, and enjoying some time away to relax and have fun; while soaking up the warm California sun of course, before we begin our full time summer jobs.
 I became connected with this amazing group of people in California when they came to Autlan on a short term missions trip each summer. My brother Brent and I really connected with the teens, and our family was very blessed and encouraged by this team; making good friendships. I've visited LA with both my family and by myself a few times, wanting to spend more time with these great friends than just one week a year. I stopped by for a couple days on my way to Mexico over Christmas break, but jumped on the opportunity to go again this summer when the chance came up. I can't wait to see all my friends there again and enjoy a fun weekend with them! I. Love. Summer.

No comments: