Roots: Growing Deeper

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I was thinking today, as I spent the day with my mom, about how we have one day out of the year that we set aside to celebrate our mother's, and all that they do for us. Why does it only have to be one day?
I am the oldest of five children, and still living at home, and my mom is ALWAYS doing something. She is always cleaning up someone's mess that isn't her own, doing school with my brothers and sisters, cooking, doing laundry etc. etc. Never taking the time to do anything for herself. And yet we take all that our mom's do for us for granted in so many different ways. Why can't every day be "mother's day" in the way that we are thankful for what our mom's do for us, and tell them that! Just a hug or a simple "I love you" or "thanks mom" could mean a lot. Instead of just being thankful for our mom's, lets let them know that we are thankful for them.
I have an awesome mom, and I am so thankful that God has blessed me with her. I love you mommy! Happy Mother's day!

1 comment:

Yanin's said...

Feliz día de las madres!!!!! un abrazo para tu mami