Roots: Growing Deeper

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Want to Set the World on Fire

One of my favorite songs right now is "Set the World on Fire" by Britt Nicole. You can listen to it on her website: www.brittnicole.com She has a beautiful voice, and I love the feeling I get when I listen to this song. It portrays so well how I want to live, and what I who I want to be. When I listen to this song I think "this is who I want to be. This is what I want to do. I want to make a difference in the world by living for Christ. I want to make the world shine bright with God's love." But I need to be passionate about it, and be willing to do whatever it is God wants me to do to make that happen.

This song talks about how we can give hope to the poor, and tell the sick that there is healing, through our Savior, Jesus Christ. It talks about "setting the world on fire" and "making it burn bright" for Christ. Isn't that what being a missionary is all about? You don't have to move to a foreign country to make a difference in the world. Every Christian is constantly surrounded by people that God can use you to influence, encourage, and share the love of Christ with.

Thank you God, for giving me the opportunity to set the world on fire for you. I pray that one day, the world will shine bright with your love. Thank you for giving us as Christians, that passion to live our lives for you, and share your love with the other people in this world. And ultimately, thank you for showing us what love truly is, by sending your Son to die for our sins. I love you. Amen.
Wanting to set the world on fire, Jess

No comments: