Roots: Growing Deeper

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bella

This past Monday was an exciting day in the Bruggeman household. A friend of ours here in Autlan had thirteen Golden Retreiver puppies that she was getting rid of. Monday was the day they could leave their mother and go to their new homes. They were all sooo adorable, and we couldn't decide which one we wanted to take home to be the new addition to our family. We decided to take four sisters home for the afternoon, play with them, and see which one captured our little hearts the most.
Let's just say....not a whole lot of homework got done on Monday. They were all so stinkin' cute! We all just wanted to play with them non-stop! We had to return the three that we weren't going to keep at 5 o'clock, and at 4:15, we still hadn't decided. We all wanted to just keep all four! But we made a decision, and sent the other three back to their mother.
We named our new puppy Bella, (pronounced: Bay-yuh) which means "beautiful" in Spanish. And no, we did not name her after Bella Swan in the Twilight Saga.
I know everyone says that puppies are like the cutest thing ever, but seriously, Bella is the most adorable thing on this planet!! She is so playful and fun, but she also loves to snuggle and just lay in your arms. She definitely does not like to be alone. Even when she's tired, she wants to sleep at someones feet, or in their arms. We all are constantly playing with her and giving her attention, and she doesn't object to it at all.
The past few nights we have all been rotating for who she sleeps with. Two nights ago, it was my turn. I layed on the edge of my pillow with her face right by mine, and started to relax. About three minutes later, just after I had got comfortable, Bella gets up and walks above my head and onto my pillow. I lifted my head up and turned to see what she was doing, and BAM there was her little face, centimeters from mine. She had layed down right smack in the center of my pillow, vertically, and she looked completely content with herself. As I giggled and stared at her cute little face, I could tell she knew that she had the best spot on the bed. I couldn't fit my head on either side of the pillow, and I didn't know how I was gonna fall asleep, but she was just too darn cute to move off.
Having Bella does make us miss our last golden retreiver, Mackenzie, a lot. Playing with Bella makes us think of the fun times we had with Kenz and makes us sad to remember that we have to let her go. We will never forget how amazing of a dog Mackenzie was. No dog will ever be as amazing as Mackenzie. Nevertheless, we are enjoying little Belly immensely, I think she will be a great dog for our family.
Photos:
above: Bella (puppy on top) playing with one of her sisters
bottom: me and Bella

No comments: