Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bethany California Group

Yesterday morning in Church, when it came time to share prayer requests and praises from the past week, I was at a loss for words. God has done more than I could have ever asked for in my life this past week!
Bethany Church on the Hill, from Thousand Oaks, California has been coming down to Autlan annually for missions trips for many, many years.
I met them for the first time last summer. From the day they left last year, I've been excited for them to come back.
This year there were 11 teens in the group. Six of them had come the year before, and the other five I had only met breifly when we visited Thousand Oaks in January.
I seriously cannot comprehend how you can connect and feel like you know someone as much as I feel like I know the kids that came on the trip this year, in such a short amount of time. I feel like we've known each other forever. From the very beginning there was just that connection. It must be a God thing! I feel like I've known them forever, and even though I've known them for so little time, they are some of my best friends. =)
Each and every one of them are incredible. They all work together and encourage each other in all they do. They all have incredible hearts to serve God, and have a true love and passion for their Savior.
Watching and observing them this past week impacted my life in many ways. I was encouraged, inspired and challenged.
We did a four day VBS at the migrant worker camp. Most of the people in the group didn't speak much Spanish, but that didn't stop them from connecting with the children and sharing the love of Christ with them. Everywhere I looked there were smiles, and the love of God was evidently there with us every moment. Ten children accepted Christ into their hearts as their personal Savior at the camp this week! God is so good!
In the afternoons we worked on some projects at the center. We re-painted and decorated the two bunk rooms at the center, which I have to say, look amazing.
In the evenings we did a variation of things. One night we went to the garden downtown and performed a drama to the song "Who am I". We had a Bingo night at La Roca, which was super fun!
We had many fun-filled adventures aside from ministry as well. Going to the tortillaria, having a flood upstairs and cleaning it up with out power due to the thunderstorm, intense games of Blitz, Navy and fooseball. Star tripping, boyz in shorts awesomeness, ga-ga...the list goes on and on. It was truly an incredible week!
Thank you all for the work you guys did in Autlan this week. You truly made a difference in the lives of the people here. You encouraged the Christians, and shared the love of Christ with the ones that don't know Him yet. You are all amazing, and have made a huge difference in my life. Love you all!!







No comments: