Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, July 19, 2010

ISAI COMING HOME!

Just moments ago I was infromed by Poncho that Isai is released from the hospital and will soon be making the journey back to Autlan. He will be staying at the Church where his parents live for a while as he continues to recover. On Saturday afternoon the teens are going to have a welcome home party for him. =)
He has improved more than I ever imagined possible in the past week and a half. He talks, and remembers EVERYONE! He still says things that don't make sense sometimes, and gets irritated pretty easily. However, he has made incredible improvements in such a short amount of time, and it's only expected to say random stuff or act a little different in his condition. In time though, he will be back to his normal self, I am confident. He walks great, but does still need a little help. After laying in a bed for 30+ days, I would have a little trouble walking and getting my muscles working again too!
Someone called him on the phone the other day and talked to him in English, and he responded in English. Then after he got off the phone, all afternoon he only wanted to speak in English! This news encouraged me greatly because I've been worried as to if he will remember how to play the piano or not. He plays the piano and has been for a lot longer than he has spoken English, and if he remembers English, I'm sure he will remember the paino.

Yesterday I went to the evening service at Aposento Alto. Poncho was there and had just arrived back from Guadalajara a few hours before. He told me that Isai remembers Brent and I perfectly and even asked Poncho to say hi to us on his behalf! This made my day, and I felt extrememly happy and blessed.
I hope to go and see Isai tomorrow. I have missed him so incredibly much since the last time I saw him. I can't wait to hear his voice again, see his smile, and give him a huge hug.

Thank you all for your prayers and support for Isai and his family as the past 40 days have been a journey of a lifetime for them. Please continue to lift them up in prayer as Isai continues to recover and regain his strength.
Love you, Isai!! So glad you are finally going to be back in Autlan.

No comments: