Roots: Growing Deeper

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 5

Day five is just about over now...
 Not gonna lie, I do miss Facebook a little. Okay, a lot. I guess it's just because it's just become a habit to check it every day. At the same time though, I'm very glad I'm breaking that habit as a result of this covenant. It's also really nice, cause when I find myself wanting to procrastinate from studying or doing the productive tasks I should be doing, I would normally just waste time on Facebook...but that's not an option now!

 Right now I'm at a place where I feel somewhat overwhelmed with life. I'm trying to not only figure out what I'm going to be doing with my life over spring break, and summer vacation, but week by week, day by day as well. Attempting to figure out my schedule, how it fits in with my social life... find time to rest, read for leisure (ha!), clean my room, and apply for scholarships fit in. I miss my family, and am trying to become the person God wants me to be, as well as survive and feel rested as I live my crazy life.
I believe one thing God really wants me to work on right now is worry and stress. I need to just relax, chill, and enjoy life. I need to take things one at a time, and not worry about the rest. I'll get it done. And if not, it either wasn't that important, or God has other plans, and will help me when it's time.

Speaking of rest....I'm exhausted. The anticipation of the close game between the Steelers and the Packers, while watching the Packers win an outstanding victory was quite exhausting emotionally. Maybe that's why I'm so tired? Probably a combination of that, along with that crazy life of mine I was talking about. Either way, I'm going to sleep. :)

No comments: