Roots: Growing Deeper

Monday, February 14, 2011

No Texting, Say What?

I apologize if you have been anxiously awaiting a blog post the past couple days, but my life has been quite crazy. I've been very stressed with my High school work, college work, and Scholarships that have deadlines coming up very soon. Even though I have been preoccupied with all these things, I have still been continuing with my relationship covenant, and striving to make it part of who I am every day; even when life is stressful. 
Our assignment for this week is a tough one. No Texting, or IM. Skype and IM are something that could be handy, but I haven't used them in a while, so that shouldn't be too difficult. Texting is a whole different subject. I text a lot, and it will be hard to go seven days with out doing it. Especially since texting has been something I've leaned on since I haven't been able to be on Facebook.
The whole point of this 28 day covenant is to make face-to-face the new norm. Cutting off the mode of communication via texting will make E-mail, Phone, and face to face the only options of communication. I'm nervous, but very excited! This is something that will be difficult for me to do, but I want to prove that I can do it. I want to communicate with the people I care about to show them that I care about them.
Week three- LET'S DO THIS! 
Dear Lord, help me to grow closer to you through this covenant, and that face to face would become then new norm. God, mold me into being a good servant and disciple for you. I also pray that people would know how much I care about them, by the way I treat them, and the effort I go to show them that I care. God, help me to make time for the important things in life and not to worry about the things that don't really matter. Lord, I know you will help me accomplish the things I need to get done. Help me to trust in you, not worry, and let you take care of the rest. 
 I also pray you would help my other friends who are doing this challenge. God I pray you would mold them into better followers of you as well, and that as a result we would form a strong, unified youth group that would be pleasing to your eyes; as might out lives.
 In your name I pray, Amen

No comments: